Jesus cared for the whole person! He fed the hungry and gave His body as the bread of life; healed the sick and preached forgiveness of sins.
LSESD's relief & development arm, MERATH, works alongside local faith communities, empowering them to address the needs of the most vulnerable around them with high standards. This includes
1) Providing high quality non-formal education & psycho-social support in safe protective environments to vulnerable out-of-school children;
2) Providing vulnerable households with vital food assistance, much needed winter items, health services, and essential products for families, especially those with young children;
3) Walking with families and communities to move towards a sustainable and hopeful future through income generating and recovery programs.
With your support, we can make a difference in their lives. If you are a UK taxpayer, please confirm that you would like to reclaim Gift Aid on your donation. This will add 25p to every £1 you give. Thank you!
The Lebanese Society for Educational and Social Development (LSESD) is a faith-based organization with a vision to see God glorified, people reconciled, and communities restored through the Church in the Arab World.
We approach our mission in a holistic and integrated manner made possible through six different specialized “arms” through which we
1) Seek to equip (leadership development) and resource (Christian resources in Arabic language) the Arab Church that it may remain relevant and maintain a vibrant witness in its context.
2) Aspire to transform the communities where we serve through raising a new generation that loves God and others (offer quality education opportunities where learning, faith, and practice are integrated); and
3) Address issues of poverty and vulnerability and the right to education for all as a practical reflection of God’s love for the vulnerable and the marginalized, that they may attain their full God-given potential.
Registered Charity No.
I am making this donation on behalf of Roomfield Baptist Church, Todmorden, UK. We try to support the work of the Baptist Church in Lebanon, in particular Merath.
Gift to support work with Cornavirus patients in Lebanon and Syria
+ £ 150.00 Gift Aid
+ £ 25.00 Gift Aid
Our best wishes and prayers come with this gift. St Faith and St Laurence Church, Harborne, Birmingham
+ £ 99.30 Gift Aid