Registered Charity Number: No.1134966
St. John's is an evangelical church within the Church of England. We aim to be a welcoming place and to serve our local community. The area around our location in Kingston Road, about half way between Kingston and New Malden, has changed a lot since our church was founded as a tin hut mission church in 1885. But inside our 20th century church building, the strength of commitment to our community and to mission is as firm as ever.
Links with our local community are very important to us. We run a 'Street Cafe' on a Saturday morning twice a month, have a thriving 'Tots in Tow' group twice a week, monthly 'Young at Heart' meetings, a CAP Debt Centre and strong links with the local Food Bank. In winter we take part in the annual local Night Shelter scheme for the homeless, and make up hampers for people in need at Christmas.
We hold welcoming, lively church services at which everyone is welcome.