The Hope & Faith Christian School provides early years to secondary education, in a very deprived area of Lusaka, Zambia.
Cumnor URC supports the school through 2 funds.
Epiphany Fund - contributes towards
* feeding programme
* school running costs
Oxford Friends - provides bursaries/grants
* Wyn Cornish Awards
- Talented students are funded through University/College. Bursaries cover course fees, a laptop, travel/living costs.
- School staff to improve/enhance their own teaching qualifications.
* Start-up grants - Award holders who complete their courses can apply for new business setup support.
* Women's Centre - English, sewing, knitting & cooking classes.
* Land acquistion - The School began in 1 small rented room with just 3 childrens. 500 pupils now attend. Its long term future is more secure if land and buildings are owned.
* Building works - classrooms, science block, bathroom facilities, water supply are just a few of the projects which have been completed. The school needs a hall ...