Registered Charity Number: No.208797
The Friends of Wells Cathedral, founded in 1933, support the life and work of the Cathedral.
This includes more than the fabric of the building with grants being made to support different departments and projects.
The biggest Friends’ project was to provide the £1.8m to build for the Friends’ Building (off the East Cloister) which houses the Cathedral Song School, Education Rooms and, last but not least, Toilets.
The Friends have long been associated with publications and continue fund guides books about the Cathedral.
Recently the Friends' funded the replacement of the Cathedral's central heating boilers. Many smaller projects are funded each year.